I am truly obsessed with this chic, boutique hotel located in the heart of Cotonou in Benin.
My five-day stay was nothing short of amazing and here’s why:
- 𝙃𝙤𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮: I received first-class service from arrival until the minute I departed. The staff greeted me with warm smiles, which made me feel so welcomed. I loved how they immediately made me feel comfortable and they were very efficient in helping with all my needs, 24/7
- 𝙎𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙚: I stayed in the Flamboyant Luxury Suite which was quite spacious, with an extended living room, with bright colorful decor which I absolutely loved. My favorite part of the suite was the all-marble bathroom with a walk-in shower and double sinks and a huge patio that opened out to the lush gardens. It was perfect to kick back, relax and enjoy a cup of tea or cocktail in the evenings.
- 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙮: Bright and colorful decor adorned the walls, chic modern furniture in the lobby and gardens, a sushi restaurant that served delicious food and a huge outdoor pool under a beautiful cherry blossom tree, added a flair of Bali vibes whenever I went swimming, or more like frolicking around in the pool. I still need to learn how to swim! I also loved that there was always music playing in the background by the pool.
- Breakfast: I was obsessed with their daily breakfast and truly looked forward to my mornings and hearing the doorbell ring for room service. Their breakfast consisted of creamy scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, cinnamon pancakes with raisins, oatmeal, fresh bread, and croissants with jam & butter along with tea and freshly squeezed juice and fruits.
- Location: Centrally located, the hotel is only a few minutes walk from the hip strip where you can find a plethora of restaurants, shops, bars, and clubs. Make sure to check out Code Bar, which was one of my favorite spots to hang out. It’s a quick 5-minute drive in a taxi.
Overall, @lekareebene is a must stay when in Cotonou, Benin. I promise you won’t be disappointed!